The Red River Kart Club has the opportunity to race during the Monster Jam event at the Fargodome again this year! If you’re interested in racing, contact Nick Skalicky (701-261-3673) by Tuesday, January 28th at the latest. The kids in the Junior 1, 2 & stock animal/flathead classes would race Friday, January 31 (7:30pm show) and Saturday, February 1 (7:30pm show.) The Rookie kids would race the Saturday, February 1 (2:00pm show.) The Rookie kids are welcome to race Friday and/or Saturday nights but keep in mind that they’ll be running with the older kids. This is not a points or scored event. It’s more of a show than a competition and we’re out there to have fun and get the crowd excited. Here’s a link to the Fargodome’s Monster Jam event: http://fargodome.com/event-page-new?e_id=81
Details for those racing in the Monster Jam event at the Fargodome:
- If you’re racing the Friday night show, you should be at the dome by 5pm to sign-in/register.
- Use the North entrance near the long loading ramp.
- Only the driver and 1 parent are allowed in the pits area. (If 2 parents need to be in the pits let Nick know)
- The karts will be racing on the dirt surface that the Monster Trucks run on.
- No adult drivers will be competing.
- There’ll be 2 chances to race per event.
If you’re racing the Saturday afternoon race:
- There’s a “Pit Party” prior to the afternoon race.
- The “Pit Party” runs from 11:30am – 1:00pm.
- Clean off the kart and show it off to the fans!
- Be at the dome by 10am to sign-in/register.
Anyone that only races on Saturday can drop off their kart on Friday night if they want. We’re able to keep the karts there overnight.
*Check out video from last year:
Here is GoPro video from Monster Jam at the Fargodome on Friday, February 1, 2013.