Bob Sailer Memorial Race
Monday, July 21st & 28th
Presented by: Winmar Sleep Wellness Center, Ferris Racing, Randall’s Excavating, Petro & The Racing Life
The 2014 Red River Kart Club Bob Sailer Memorial Race will take place over 2 race nights. Night 1 will take place on Monday, July 21st and will consist of 3 preliminary rounds of heat races for all classes.
Night 2 will take place on Monday, July 28th and consist of 1 additional preliminary heat race followed by feature events for all classes. Preliminary heat races will be 10 laps each and features will be 15 laps for all classes.
Drivers will accumulate points based on their finishing position in each preliminary heat race. These overall points will then be tallied up to determine the starting positions for each feature event, with the over-all highest point earner in each class starting on the pole, the driver with the second highest point total starting on the outside of the front row and so on.
Starting positions for heat race #1 will be determined by draw. Starting positions for heat races #2, #3 & #4 will be based on accumulating point totals. The driver with the lowest points starts on pole position and the driver with the highest point total starts last.
Awards will be given to the top 3 feature finishers in each class but all Novices will receive awards. (No awards will be given out for Night 1)
Points will be tallied once again after all feature events have been run and awards will also be given to the top 10 point earners in the club as a whole. This means that a driver in any class has a shot at one of these 10 awards based on their over-all point totals through the feature events on night 2. These awards will be handed out at our season ending banquet.
Points will be distributed as follows:
|Heats:1st – 25
2nd – 22
3rd – 20
4th – 19
5th – 18
6th – 17
7th – 16
8th – 15
9th – 14
10th – 13
|Features:1st – 50
2nd – 47
3rd – 45
4th – 44
5th – 43
6th – 42
7th – 41
8th – 40
9th – 39
10th – 38
There will also be additional awards associated with this event to be handed out at the season ending banquet. The awards are as follows:
- Hard Luck Award – Given to the driver that experienced the worst luck over the course of this event.
- Hard Charger Award – Given to the driver that passes the most karts over the course of this event. This will be tallied by how many spots they improve their starting position in relation to their finish position.
- Sportsmanship Award – Given to the driver that shows the best sportsmanship throughout the course of this event.
Event Specific Rules:
- A class will need a minimum of 4 karts to receive points. (The Novice class might be combined)
- Karts will be scaled. If your kart fails to make weight you will be disqualified from that individual race and will receive no points. If you are unsure what your individual weight requirement is for your class, be sure to ask.
- If you miss Night 1, you’ll need to start at the back of both races on Night 2.
- If you receive a black flag and are DQ’d from any race throughout the event you will receive no points for that individual race.
- YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE RED RIVER KART CLUB AND YOUR YEARLY MEMBERSHIP DUES MUST BE PAID IN FULL IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT.
- The adult class will be scored and awarded separately from the kids. (Memberships are not required for the adult class)
- All other Red River Kart Club tech and safety rules will also apply to this event.
(Entry fees for this event will be $20 for kart and driver per day and $10 for a pit person per day.)
Click HERE to download the flyer